Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread That's Easy To Make With Simple Ingredients
I love coming across easy-to-make, healthy, delicious recipes that don't require many ingredients. This simple recipe for gluten free chocolate chip banana bread fits the bill!
If you have been following our brand for a while, you know I have been dealing with fertility issues for a few years. One of the new things we are trying since mid-2020 is I have been on a gluten free diet. For the most part it hasn't been that difficult to go gluten free since there are so many great substitutions now (we buy gluten free bread, pasta, bagels, etc.) Occasionally I'll break the rules, but usually I'm able to stick to it, and simple gluten free recipes like this one make it easy.
Who else is a chocolate lover like me? I especially love dark chocolate (bonus antioxidants!) and I try to look for a high cacao to sugar ratio when shopping for it.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
-2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-4-5 very ripe bananas
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1/2 cup coconut sugar
-2 tablespoons milk
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
3. Peel bananas, place them in a wide bowl or onto a plate, mash, and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared load pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool another 30 minutes.
Slice and serve warm! I like mine heated with a little bit of butter on top.