The Wonders of Watermelon Seed Oil
Not yet widely talked about, we discovered the wonders of watermelon seed oil when conducting initial research during the development phase of our very first product, our Fine Cleansing Wash for Body & Hands. Watermelon seed oil is a fine, light oil that absorbs quickly, and penetrates deeply into skin. It contains a multitude of nutrients that are incredibly beneficial for skin, health, and beauty, including linoleic and oleic acid, omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, Vitamin A, B, and E, and a host of minerals, including magnesium, iron, copper, and potassium. At FORK & MELON, our skin & personal care products harness this amazing oil to moisturize, clarify, smooth, detoxify, and promote/restore youthful appearance.
Below are 5 powerful benefits of this powerhouse ingredient:
1. Detoxification & Acne-Fighting. Watermelon seed oil deeply penetrates the skin and removes impurities, dirt and dead skin, making it an ideal oil for cleansing. Oils high in linoleic acid help to clarify pores by dissolving dirt and impurities, leaving your skin cleansed and nourished, helping with oily skin and acne by acting to clarify and remove excess sebum.
2. Anti-Aging. The high linoleic and oleic acid content in watermelon seed oil also make it a dynamo in fighting wrinkles and premature aging. This oil contains a healthy amount of Vitamin E as well, a powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage. The omega 6 essential fatty acids and phytosterols encourage new collagen production and cell regeneration in the skin.
3. Good for All Skin Types. Watermelon seed oil works wonders for all skin types, as it is light, fast-absorbing, and clarifying for those with oily skin. But it's also nourishing and effective for dry skin, as it protects and moisturizes with antioxidants, minerals, and unsaturated fatty acids. Our clean, conscious formulas are wonderful on even the most sensitive skin as well.
4. Fights uneven skin tone. Also known as hyperpigmentation, skin looks uneven when some areas of the skin have more melanin than others, which make some parts of the skin appear darker that the rest. Trace minerals and omega acids found in watermelon seed oil have been shown to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
5. De-puffs and promotes blood circulation. In addition to fighting free radical damage, the Vitamin E in watermelon seed oil also promotes blood circulation and has been shown to reduce puffiness in any area of the skin due to excess water retention. We recommend gently massaging our Rich Hydrating Cream into skin to maximize these benefits.
Watermelon seed oil is beneficial for the entire body, including your hair. We’re currently working on additional products to compliment our Fine Cleansing Wash and Rich Hydrating Cream.
SHOP WATERMELON SEED OIL BODY CARE
Have you heard of watermelon seed oil as a skincare ingredient? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Thank you indeed. The very Information I needed.
Wow!! Who knew?! If only I had the $$ lol I entered the giveaway though. :)
GREAT SITE!! And admire the product already.
I never tought about or heard of Watermelon seed oil. But when I need to replace my lotion or hair prolducts
I really love it that these products have watermelon seed oil. There’s something about it that makes the lotion unique in its special feel promoting softness. And I love the wash, too, especially the scent. It is light, yet fresh. I have decided to go completely toxin free for health reasons, but I will use these for beauty and elegance, too. I recommend them to my friends.